The USA, UK, and France are considered to have largely contributed to the development of the Internet. In the late 1960s and early 1970s, ARPANET, a precursor to the Internet was developed, only to serve regional academic and military networks, this was later renamed the Internet. The Internet is a network of interconnected computers and has access to a multitude of information and resources. All web services such as social media and electronic mail also work on the Internet.
Electronic mail or Email for short is a way of sending and receiving emails and messages electronically over the internet. Accessible to those who have an internet connection, this service has changed the way how communication takes place in this modern age. Gmail, is one of these email services, which offers a solution for all your mailing needs, free of charge.
In this article, we will discuss Gmail history, its key features, and how to create a Gmail Account? You can also follow same procedure for hotmail account. In a few quick and easy steps. So, read on.
What is Gmail?
Gmail is considered a top-class online web service client, that allows you to send and receive emails, to/from your contacts located in any part of the world. The technology giant, Google, owns Gmail and also offers a free app to users across all mobile OS platforms. The Gmail Mobile Application allows mobile users to access Gmail or Hotmail services on their phones.
Since its test launch in April 2004 and later overcoming the successful trials in July 2009, Gmail currently accounts for more than 1.5 Billion active users, registering an increase from 1 Billion, back in 2016.
This without a doubt, makes Gmail the top and biggest email web service that allows you to communicate with the world, free of charge. The Gmail Mobile App, launched by Google, comes pre-installed on all Android phones.
Key Features of Gmail
Following are some key features of Gmail that you can enjoy using your Gmail Account:
● Notification for each email
● Edit and Share
● Web browsing
● Large storage availability
● Quick filter
● Auto-detection of malware
How to create a Gmail Account?
To create a Gmail account just like creating an account for hotmail, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Search for www.gmail.com or simply open it from your chrome browser.
- Go to the signup page and click on the signup option.
- Enter your first name and then your last name and click on next.
- Provide all necessary information like password, date of birth, email suggestion, and security questions, when asked.
- Click on next and then enter the verification code.
- Now you can set up the backup for your account or simply skip it.
- Now your account is created and you can use your account by entering your email and password on the Sign-in page.
If you have any queries, then you can visit www.gmail.com and click on the Help option to get all the latest information regarding Sign up options or you can also visit this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXOCa9kzQsk to get a better understanding through a video tutorial.